Building brand awareness to boost footfall post Covid-19
St. Enoch Centre is the largest shopping centre in Glasgow City Centre, with over 70 retailers to choose from, a state-of-the-art cinema, impressive array of restaurants and unique leisure.
However, increasing competition in the city, the rise in online shopping and aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic had impacted footfall among key demographics.
St. Enoch Centre required a hard-working marketing strategy that could support its recovery following the pandemic and showcase the centre’s new leisure offering to position St. Enoch Centre as a unique destination in the heart of Glasgow.
An integrated PR & marketing strategy was implemented to recover and build St. Enoch Centre’s customer base following the pandemic. Represent devised and executed a multidimensional comms plan to change perception, maximise awareness, and promote St. Enoch Centre as a “destination” brand in Glasgow. Pivotal to this aim was generating a steady stream of news lines and op-eds in regional and national press.
- Social media to raise awareness and connect with key audience
- Influencer marketing to promote St. Enoch Centre as a shopping, dining, and leisure destination
- Digital marketing to change perception and raise profile
- PR to communicate new openings and events within the centre
- Opinion pieces to establish thought leadership
- Creative campaigns/events to increase footfall
- Develop a creative social media strategy
- Establish an influencer outreach program
- Research key titles with an interest in retail, leisure, dining, tourism, and Glasgow news
- Pitch targeted press with news features
- Write and distribute press release to communicate new openings and events
- Secure print and digital coverage in key media publications
- Commission creative photography to showcase the best of the centre
- Plan and execute creative campaigns to encourage footfall
Monthly coverage secured in national and regional titles including The Sun, The Daily Record, Glasgow Evening Times, Glasgow News and STV, reaching millions of readers across the UK.
- 40% increase in Instagram following
- 423% increase in Instagram reach
- 425% increase in social media traffic
- Over 100% increase in website traffic
Despite the impact of Coronavirus and lockdown, St. Enoch Centre’s development plans have successfully gone ahead, with an exciting new lifestyle and entertainment offer now available and growing. The Centre continues to attract new tenants, including several Scottish firsts and has established a significant presence in Glasgow’s retail sector.
“Represent are great to work with and a continuous source of solid PR and social media support to St. Enoch Centre. The team works in partnership with us to deliver consistently high results for our management team and tenants, helping us reach key audiences, raise brand awareness, and build a credible presence in the media.”Annemarie McClean, St.Enoch Centre Marketing Manager