Media relations and social media marketing to drive awareness and engagement
As a family-run business, Simpsons Malt needed to position itself as a trusted business within the local community, while also reaching a global brewing industry audience to increase awareness of its quality malt products.
We implemented an integrated communications strategy to reach these two distinct audiences which included the following activity:
- Media relations to position Simpsons Malt as a family-run business invested in the local community, highlighting its support and sponsorship of numerous initiatives, events and groups
- Media training and stakeholder engagement support to ensure all communications are aligned and robust procedures for handling a crisis are in place
- A social media strategy to reach brewers and distillers around the world with engaging relevant content, showcasing Simpsons Malt as the Home of Good Malt, including a Malt of the Month series.
Over 12 months, the campaign resulted in the following:
- 53% social media following increase
- 150 tier one media hits
- 3.5 million total reach of media coverage
- 2,983 users driven to the website from social media
“With an excellent understanding of what we want to achieve and the knowhow to get us there, the team at Represent really are an extension of the Simpsons Malt family.”– Richard Simpson, vice-chairman, Simpsons Malt