Causeway Business Exchange is a not-for-profit membership organisation with the purpose of connecting professionals and fostering business across both sides of the Irish Sea.
As a relatively new organisation, brand awareness was low, and it struggled to achieve cut-through to both potential members and brands aligned with Causeway’s goals. This impacted on its commercial viability and needed to be addressed.
With offices in Scotland and Ireland and established connections in each, Represent was hired as the PR and marketing agency to build Causeway’s profile across both sides of the Irish Sea.
Represent was tasked with raising awareness for Causeway’s networking events in Scotland, Ireland, and Northern Ireland. The brief included attracting new sponsors, engaging stakeholders, and generating excitement for Causeway’s annual awards.
Represent developed a tailored digital marketing strategy that comprised social media, email marketing, digital advertising, SEO content and event management.
- Carried out extensive keyword research to implement throughout the website and blog content to boost online search visibility
- Created a comprehensive monthly content plan
- Produced 2x keyword-optimised blogs that spoke to stakeholders’ interests per month
- Produced a rich monthly social content calendar including video & graphics
- Devised an intelligent and engaging social media strategy
- Planned and executed paid social media campaigns
- Captured creative content for marketing materials including a sponsorship pack
- Developed a stakeholder plan to engage with Scottish & Irish Government officials, funders, sponsors and partners
- Prepared a detailed email marketing plan for members
- Researched and wrote engaging monthly newsletters
- Handled member communications
- Managed Causeway’s social media community
- Created an event marketing plan for the awards dinner to include launch, award entry support, ticket sales, sponsorship management & support on social pre, during and post-event
- Led marketing activity on member events and awards
- Developed an integrated marketing plan that catered to Causeway’s objectives
- Agreed KPIs to include organic traffic, social media results and sponsorship numbers
- Account management and monthly reporting activity
- 12 events successfully executed in Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland
- 65% increase in sponsors, which included Johnnie Walker Princes Street (3-year deal), ESB and Anturus
- 11% increase in total social media following
- 46% YoY increase in social traffic
- A 25% average open rate for monthly newsletters
- Steady growth in membership numbers
“Represent not only provide a fantastic PR and marketing service, but they always have our back when extra help is needed! The team is super organised, efficient and endeavour to go above and beyond, whether they are providing event support, gaining press coverage or managing our content. And they do it all with a smile!”– Brigid Whoriskey, Causeway Co-Chair